Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

Who couldn't use another delicious chocolate chip cookie recipe? There are so many different ones out there, I love to experiment on a regular basis. Melanie from My Kitchen Cafe (whom despite popular assumption, is not in fact our Melanie from the Sister's Cafe... although she is our Erin's sister-in-law! Crazy, right?!) posted these cookies and they looked so chewy and soft, I had to try them. I have to admit I was sucked into the title too.... whole wheat oatmeal cookies? Awesome! They may not be healthy but their better so less guilt, right?! :) Well, they are my current favorite now... seriously yummy. Thanks Melanie!! Change things up at your house next time you want to bake up some chocolate chip cookies and try these out! Oh, and don't forget to enter our Flirty Apron Giveaway below - you have until Thursday. Those aprons are guaranteed to yield more kisses for the cook! :)

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
submitted by Brittany at www.thesisterscafe.com

printable recipe here1 ¼ cups brown sugar
1 ¼ cups sugar
1 ¼ cups butter
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
1 ¼ teaspoon salt
2 ½ cups wheat flour
2 ½ cups oats
2 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract. Stir in dry ingredients and then chocolate chips. Scoop rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. *Makes 3-4 dozen.

19 comments:

  1. This looks super yummy! You are right, there are thousands of chocolate chip cookie recipes out there :) I love trying them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound delicious, especially since I'm trying to bake with whole wheat flour more in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many chocolate chip cookie recipes, so little time! :) I do a lot of baking with whole wheat flour and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara@ Creations by KaraJanuary 20, 2010 at 2:44 AM

    I just made these last week, and you're right, they are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I was just referred to your blog by someone and I LOVE it. I have already made two different meals I found here. Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these! They are the ones you made for mom's freezer, right? Big fan;

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Brittany - I'm glad that you like these cookies...they are definitely some of my favorites. And thanks for clarifying the confusing case of "who is the right Melanie" - I get questions all the time about which Melanie I am - the Kitchen Cafe Melanie or the Sisters Cafe Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look great, I have a similar recipe and I substitute half of the butter with pureed beans (any type of white beans). They are still moist and delicious, with half the fat. My kids can never tell the difference, and I feel better about them eating them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks great! Thanks for the great recipes. Love your blog, and my husband even logs on and drools at times!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooooo those look super tasty! I wonder if they could be healthified more to take away even more of the guilt! I may have to try it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. they look good, but i just don't have good luck with the taste of whole wheat in cookies

    ReplyDelete
  12. sorry, this is just a test to make sure I am doing this right - I want to be ready for the next giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Britt, thanks for the recipe! I made these and they were awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These cookies are phenomenal! I just love them! I'm eating a warm one right now, as I type. Mmmm-mmm-mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Erin @ The Sisters CafeMarch 7, 2011 at 11:52 AM

    I made these again tonight and went to leave a message saying they were AMAZING and I LOVE THEM, and lo-and-behold, I have already left a rave review of these cookies. :) Well, I guess I must really like these cookies!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is now my "go-to" oatmeal cookie recipe! Sometimes I don't have the wheat flour so I use white and they are equally delicious. I'm making them right now for when the kids get home from school!

    ReplyDelete