Monday, April 11, 2011

Fudgy Walnut Brownies


If you love nuts, you will love these moist, Fudgy Walnut Brownies! They originally caught my eye because my husband is usually of the opinion, "The more nuts the better". These were right up his ally...mine too actually. My husband even asked me to make a pan for a friend of his. Well 2 batches later and we still haven't delivered a pan to his friend, we just keep eating them! Ahh shucks, I guess I'll just have to make them again!



Fudgy Walnut Brownies


Submitted by Amy ~ The Sisters Cafe
Recipe Source: Taste of Home3/4 Cup butter, cubed

4 (1 oz) squares unsweetened chocolate
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 t. vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour

WALNUT CRUNCH TOPPING:
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, cubed
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 T. all-purpose flour
1 t. vanilla extract
4 cups chopped walnuts

In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate. I like to use 50% power, stirring every 30-60 sec until completely melted. Stir until smooth. Cool slightly.

In a a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar; stir in chocolate mixture and vanilla. (If you need to wait for your chocolate to cool down a little more, you can get started on the topping, if you don't mind multi-tasking) Stir in flour until well blended. Pour into a greased 13 x 9 in. baking pan; set aside.

For topping, combine brown sugar and butter in a medium saucepan. Cook and stir over low-medium heat until butter is melted. Stir in the eggs, flour and vanilla until well blended. Stir in nuts.

Spread walnut crunch topping evenly over brownie batter. Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs. Do not over bake.

Cool completely on a wire rack.

7 comments:

  1. Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything}April 11, 2011 at 11:26 PM

    Those look great and right up our alley. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That walnut topping looks so good. I must try these for my next potluck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could be a friend. I could leave you my address even. I'm just a hop and a skip away. Have I mentioned how much I love chocolate. And no, Dolly would not be allowed any. Honest, "friend" is my middle name. And you know, now that I think of it, my birthday is coming up. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with your hubby. The more nuts the better. I can't wait to try these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...just another preppy shopaholicApril 12, 2011 at 2:10 PM

    That recipe looks amazing, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather of Kitchen ConcoctionsApril 12, 2011 at 3:15 PM

    Great pic! I LOVE brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those brownies are really pretty! And they look soooo yummy, too. I can see why they never made it to the friend. :)

    ReplyDelete