This is a different and delicious dinner. I like to use brown rice to make it extra healthy but once in a while I'll make it with Jasmine rice, my favorite. Make sure you buy very fresh bean sprouts and use them the same day you buy them. (old sprouts can ruin the whole dinner)
Ginger Chicken and Rice
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
2 Tb oyster sauce
1 tsp corn starch
3 c cooked rice
1 Tb ginger, minced
1/2 lb snow peas (or 8 oz pkg frozen snow peas, thawed)
2 Tb soy sauce
1 Tb sesame oil
3/4 c chopped green onions
2 c bean sprouts
Stir chicken, oyster sauce and cornstarch together. Saute chicken mixture in 1 Tb oil in a large skillet until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside. Add 1 Tb oil to skillet; cook rice and minced ginger for 3 minutes. Add snow peas and cook 3 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients plus the chicken and cook for another 5 minutes. Dinner is served...enjoy!
This looks good Britt--I will have to try it! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteThis sounds delicious. I must try!
ReplyDeleteI made this for dinner tonight and it was yummy! I used Jasmine rice for the first time, and it was great - bunus that it only takes 9 minutes to cook! (I almost never make brown rice because it takes so long! I never think to put rice on to cook so early.)
ReplyDelete