Saturday, April 2, 2011

New Orleans Egg Scramble and Cookbook Winners


I am happy to announce the winners of the "My Southern Food" cookbooks:

1. Meggan Hayes:
I live in Alaska so anything with fresh halibut, or shrimp, or king crab legs. I also run a small b&b so a new cookbook would be fabulous!

2. Mary Ann who said:
I served my mission in Tennessee, (see? I totally need this cookbook!) and I fell in love with grits, and biscuits and gravy. My husband and I lived in Iowa for 5 years, and my favorite from there is definitely sweet corn. We did our internship in Kansas City, and found the best ribs in the world. We now live in Utah, and what else could I say for here, but, FRY SAUCE!

3.Suzy who said:
I'm from Utah, but my husband is from Louisiana and loves it when I (try to) make Southern food! I'd love to surprise him with New Orlean's scrambled eggs.

Please email me at melandboys@gmail.com so I can get your new cookbooks out to you!! Thank you to everyone who entered! I am happy to announce that we have more cookbook giveaways planned for you during the next 6 weeks:) Stayed tuned! We love all of you and appreciate you stopping by the Sisters Cafe!

* Also I have partnered with Gatorade for a $100 Dicks Sporting Goods Giveaway on my Melandboys blog. Enter to win here.

Now for the delicious recipe--I forgot to take a picture--we were too excited to eat it! I will make it again soon though and add one then!

 

New Orleans Egg Scramble


submitted by Melanie ~ The Sisters Cafe

from 'My Southern Food' by Devon O'Day, pg 45


10 Eggs

1 tsp salt

½ tsp pepper

½ cup chopped chives

½ cup milk

2 TB butter

4-oz cream cheese (½ standard package)

In a medium bowl wisk together the eggs, salt, pepper, chives, and milk. Melt the butter in a heated skillet and then add the egg mixture. Scramble until the eggs are almost completely firm, and then equally distribute the cubed cream cheese and integrate into the eggs. When the cream cheese is warm, just beginning to melt, and the eggs are firm, serve immediately. Makes 4-5 servings.

2 comments:

  1. oh my those eggs sound wonderful! We love scrambled eggs at our house - we eat them 3-4 times a week - so I'm looking forward to this recipe! I bet I could get away with doing half egg whites too...I'll let you know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These eggs do sound great, sis! And my chives are coming up in my yard, so maybe this will have to be the first recipe I try them on!

    ReplyDelete