Thursday, January 30, 2014

Reeses Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies

reeses

Oh my goodness these cookies are good!  Just looking at this picture makes me want to run to the kitchen and whip up another batch!  I think I would too, if I had any more Reeses Pieces, but it may be awhile before I can get some! Have you heard we got 2 inches of snow and the South is pretty much shut down now? After living in Utah for 12 years, it is a new experience for us.   I wrote about it on my other blog here.  Although the kids love it, this white stuff causes all kinds of problems here in the deep South!  School always gets cancelled in a hurry and if you have no where to go, it is pretty darn fun!  We have baked cookies, drank lots of hot cocoa and gotten the most fun possible out of our little bit of snow! In fact, school is closed again today so I am off to try a new cookie recipe with my boys...crispy oatmeal with cinnamon chips!  I will let you know if they are good!  Hope you are all staying warm and enjoying this last week of January!

PS You know I have 2 gluten free boys, but I cheated and just added Reease's pieces to a GF dough that I already had for them.  I will work on a creating a GF version of this recipe soon though!

plate of cookies

 



Reeses Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies

 

Author: Melanie

Recipe Source: Just slightly adapted from 5Boys Baker. These cookies were a favorite of mine years ago but I think must have lost the recipe and forgot about them. Thanks Jodi for reminding me about these awesome cookies! They are back up there on the favorites list for sure!!


Ingredients


  • 1 stick butter

  • ½ cup brown sugar

  • ½ sugar

  • ½ cup peanut butter

  • 1 egg

  • 1 tsp. vanilla

  • ½ tsp. baking soda

  • ½ tsp. salt

  • 1½ cups flour

  • 1 cup mini Reese’s pieces ( or regular if you can't find minis like me)

  • ½ cup milk chocolate chips




Instructions



  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add peanut butter, egg and vanilla and continue beating until creamy.

  2. Add baking soda, salt and flour. Mix until well combined. Add chocolate chips and mix on low until chips are mixed in. Gently stir in Reese’s pieces.

  3. Using a cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat liner. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Don’t overbake, they will look undercooked when you take them out. Allow them to rest on cookie sheet for about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack.




 



 

 

2 comments:

  1. mmmm yum! LOVE reeses pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your instructions say to add peanut butter chips, but it is not listed in the ingredients. I will be making these for a bake sale because they sound so relish! Would like to know if you think the peanut butter chips are necessary. I will probably be making these again sometime.

    ReplyDelete