Sunday, January 12, 2014

Savory Cream Cheese Spread or Dip

 

photo (28)

Happy New Year!  I love this time of year when we start fresh with a clean slate:)  At least that is what I try and do!  I get a new planner, set new goals, and clean up and organize my life.  It feels so good to have things in order.  To kick off the new year on Melandboys, I am sharing a job chart system that really works!  More on that here.  What are you doing to kick off the new year?

I have had some requests for this spread that I created for a friend's wedding reception last month.   It is so easy to make and really tasty too!  It has helped us keep one of our New Years resolutions to eat more veggies!  We also love to spread it on crackers or baguettes, bagels, sandwiches, and even add it at the very end to scrambled eggs!    Enjoy!

008

Savory Cream Cheese Spread or Dip


Author: Melanie


Ingredients


  • 8 oz cream cheese, softened

  • 2 TB milk, or half and half ( you can add more if you are using as dip)

  • 2-3 TB packed fresh green onions, sliced thin or minced

  • 1/2 tsp garlic salt (or just a good shake of the bottle:)

  • 1/4 -1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (fresh--NOT the stuff in the canister)

  • freshly ground pepper to taste




Instructions



  1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. I use my kitchen aid, any stand mixer or hand held electric beaters would work too.

  2. Mix until well incorporated.

  3. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.







1 comment:

  1. I love the start of a fresh new year too! Especially breaking out a new planner, yeah, I am still a pen and paper planner kind of girl! Dip looks delicious and so easy!

    ReplyDelete