Thursday, March 20, 2014

Peanut Butter Oatmeal White Chocolate Cookies

034


For some reason, I have been making cookies a lot  this winter!  The cooler weather just puts me in the mood to bake.  I know that soon enough it will be so hot here in the South that the desire to bake will not be so strong!  I am sure they won't last for long, but right now, my freezer is full of several different kinds of cookies (gluten free too)!  Perfect  for my boys school lunches, snacks and all of those  events that someone is in charge of bringing a treat to!  My children always seem to spring that one on me at the last minute!   Silly boys!  At least now they are in luck--since I can whip these babies out of the freezer!  And let me tell you --these cookies are a hit especially if you love anything with peanut butter in it, like us!   I am thinking instead of white chocolate chips, next time I will try chocolate ones for a classic PB and Chocolate combo.  Really you can't go wrong with this recipe, I am sure!


Life has been so busy but I am finally back to posting here and on my other blog Melandboys too.  I have some yummy recipes and fun posts scheduled:)





Peanut Butter Oatmeal White Chocolate Cookies


Author: Melanie

Recipe Source: Peanut Butter Comfort Cookbook via 5 Boys Baker


Ingredients


  • 1/2 cup butter

  • 1/3 cup peanut butter

  • 1 cup brown sugar

  • 1/2 cup white sugar

  • 1 egg + 1 yolk

  • 2 tsp vanilla extract

  • 1 1/4 cup flour

  • 1 cup old fashioned oats

  • 1/2 tsp baking soda

  • 3/4 cup white chocolate chips

  • 1/2 cup peanut butter chips (I left these out--but I am sure they would be good)




Instructions



  1. In a medium In a medium-sized microwave safe bowl, melt the butter for about one minute, add the peanut butter and cook for 30 more seconds. Stir until mixture is smoother and combined.

  2. Add the brown & white sugar to the melted butter & peanut butter mixture and stir. Set aside to cool for about 5 minutes.

  3. Add the egg, yolk and vanilla and whisk until smooth and combined.

  4. Add the flour, oats, baking soda and salt and stir until combined. Fold in the white chocolate chips and peanut butter chips and stir. Place dough in the refrigerator and chill for at least two hours or overnight.

  5. After dough as chilled, preheat oven to 325 degrees. Using a small cookie scoop, form balls and drop onto silpat or parchment lined baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Flatten the mounds slightly with your finger.

  6. Bake 9 to 11 minutes. The bottoms will have set, yet the tops will look quite under-done. That’s ok, don’t over bake because they will set up more while cooking. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheets for at least 10 minutes or until they have firmed up.







6 comments:

  1. I love having a freezer full of homemade cookie dough ready for baking! Like you said it comes in handy for those unexpected times when you need a sweet treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In your directions, you say to add the white chocolate chips AND the peanut butter chips - but you don't give PEANUT BUTTER CHIPS at all in the list of ingredients or how much to add...??? Is it 3/4 cup like the white chips?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a 1/2 cup of PB chips according to the linked recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEX,
    I am so sorry that I didn't see this sooner. I hope you figured it out! I actually didn't use the PB chips when I made them and they were still great! I have fixed the recipe now:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Stephanie!! I have fixed the recipe now:)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made these and I am assuming I did something wrong, because they turned out nothing like the soft chewy cookie they look like in the picture. They were hard small clumps of a mess. Which I was very bummed about because I love the combination of white chocolate and peanut butter. Hopefully next time I try them they turn out like yours!

    ReplyDelete