Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Maple Mustard Chicken

007

Hello friends!  Did you know that today is officially the first day of Fall?  I am so happy that Autumn is here!  I love this time of year and have already got my Fall To Do List started!  I posted it along with my weekly menu on Melandboys here.   I have really missed my blogs and have decided to get back to posting again.  I thought I would start with this fabulous dish that is just PERFECT for the season. You really must put this flavorful chicken on your menu as soon as possible!  My husband and boys absolutely LOVE it and ohh and ahh  enough to make me laugh whenever I make it!  In fact we like it so much that  am going to make the sauce tonight and use it to roast a pork tenderloin over sliced apples.  If it is as good as I imagine it will be--then I will let you know:)   I have been meaning to take a better picture--one with the option of rosemary because honestly it is even better that way...but I forgot last time I made it.  SO you will have to just take my word for it!  I have noticed that rosemary seems to just thrive in any conditions...so pick up a little plant next time you are out and plant it in your yard somewhere (close to your kitchen if possible).  Then you will always have it on hand for this dish, along with the awesome Macaroni Grill bread and for making this BEST home fragrance (it really is amazing!)  Rosemary is one of my favorite herbs I think, can you tell?!    Hope you all have a happy fall this year!

Maple Mustard Chicken


Recipe Type: Main Dish

Author: Melanie

Recipe Source: originally a Trader Joes recipe adapted from Summer Harms


Ingredients


  • 6 to 8 chicken thighs

  • sea salt and pepper to taste

  • 1/2 cup Dijon or yellow mustard (whichever you prefer--I like Dijon best)

  • 1/4 cup real maple syrup

  • 1 T. red wine or rice vinegar

  • 1 or 2 green onions, chopped OR if 1-2 T of fresh rosemary if you have some




Instructions



  1. Preheat oven to 425º.

  2. Place chicken thighs in a single layer in a foil lined (optional but makes for a much quicker clean up)baking dish and season with salt and pepper.

  3. In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, maple syrup, and red wine vinegar.

  4. Pour the maple mustard sauce over the chicken and flip each piece until fully coated with the mixture.

  5. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, taking time to spoon the sauce over the chicken half way thru.

  6. After removing from the oven, let rest for 5 minutes before serving.

  7. Slice the chicken and plate it, spooning over any extra sauce left in the pan.

  8. Sprinkle with chopped green onion or fresh rosemary if you have it.

  9. Serve with rice--delish!








4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are back . . . I've been missing your recipes! I made a very similar recipe to this just a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to recommend to whoever tries this to definitely use the real maple syrup. All I had in my pantry was the thick, fake (but yummy) sugary kind and it made the sauce have an unnatural elasticity to it. LOL! It was a good flavor but my family couldn't get over that texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm this looks wonderful! And I'm so happy to see you posting again! :) I"m going to check out Melandboys next...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is just what I need - can't wait to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious! I've missed your posts! Is using chicken thighs a requirement or would chicken breasts work?

    ReplyDelete