Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Italian Pepperocini Roast

20141109_181538

Well happy Tuesday everyone!  Hope your week is going well!  I have a great "man pleasing" recipe to share with you today!  This pepperoncini beef is fantastic and let me tell you, boys LOVE it!  My family of all boys devour this recipe!  I was first introduced to this delicious roast when my little Bridger was in the ICU with heart problems and my sweet friend Christa brought dinner to us.  She brought this recipe along with home made macaroni and cheese and banana pudding too!  Oh man--what a dinner!  It was so good and we all loved it so much.  Ever since we have enjoyed this recipe often.    If you are worried about the spicy-ness you can cut down on the pepperoncinis --I usually use about 3/4 of the 16 oz bottle and it is not very spicy at all.  I hope you like it as much as we do!

PS And just so you know, Bridger's heart is completely better now--I just posted a final update here.  What a blessing!

Italian Pepperocini Roast


Author: Melanie

*Recipe Source:  My friend Christa and Allrecipes


Ingredients


  • 1 (3 pound) beef chuck roast

  • 4 cloves garlic, sliced

  • 1(12-16 ounce) jar pepperoncini (depending on how spicy you like it)

  • 1- 1 1/2 cup beef broth

  • Onion Flakes--shake or two

  • Opt: Hoagie Buns, provolone cheese




Instructions



  1. Make small cuts in roast, and insert garlic slices in cuts.

  2. Place roast in the slow cooker, and pour the entire contents of the jar of pepperoncini, including liquid, over meat.

  3. Add beef broth and onion flakes.

  4. Cover, and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours

  5. Great served on Hoagie buns, lightly buttered, topped with beef and sliced provolone cheese.

  6. Broil for approx. 3 minutes. FANTASTIC!







3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the ideas shared using your blog. Yet another thing I would
    like to state is that skin care is not supposed to be about going on a celebrity diet and
    trying to get rid of as much weight as you can in a couple of days, it is about Getting rid of All Types Of Skin Infections Now By Natural Cure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks delicoius... and easy! Perfect for the holiday season. :) Have you ever eaten it not on a roll before? Eric has cut out gluten in his diet (oh boy) and I figured your own GF boy might have some ideas of how he likes to eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. […] about it the rest of the day.  This recipe comes from my cute blogging friend Melanie over at Sisters Cafe. She is the mom of 5 boys too and has some amazing recipes.  I really wish we were […]

    ReplyDelete