Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pecan and Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies


Shortbread is one of my all time favorite cookies.  It is so wonderfully buttery, crisp and I love how it melts in your mouth.  My sweet friend Gloria brought me a couple of these shortbread cookies with pecans and chocolate and I thought I had died and gone to heaven!  Seriously!  Thankfully she kindly shared her recipe and I promptly made a batch.  They were perfect for watching Downton Abbey:) and  to bring to the ladies I visit teach.  I love that Gloria’s recipe is slice and bake.  They couldn’t be easier.  I baked half the batch and wrapped the other half in plastic and tinfoil and put in the freezer for later.
Just so you know I the dough and cookies freeze beautifully!  These cookies a winner!  YUM!
Pecan and Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
Author: 
Ingredients
  • 1 pound butter (softened to room temperature)
  • 1½ cups powdered sugar
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 5 cups flour
  • 2 cups chopped pecans
  • 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips ( I use mini chips)
Instructions
  1. Combine butter, sugar, salt and vanilla. Beat until fluffy. Blend in flour, nuts and chocolate chips, mixing just until blended and clings together. Form into 12”x3”x2” logs. Wrap in plastic and chill for 6 hours or overnight. Cut into ¼- 3/8” slices. Bake on greased cookie sheets 1” apart @ 350° for 9-11 minutes, or until slightly brown. Cool on wire rack. May dust with powdered sugar, I like them plain.

Recipe Source: My friend Gloria:)

No comments:

Post a Comment