Thursday, October 22, 2015

Oatmeal Cookie Dip












Well hello again!  I have taken a bit of a break from blogging lately, but I miss it.  I started this site in 2008, and talked my cute sisters into joining me.  It has been so fun to do together, but times have changed.  All my little sisters are busy having babies and raising families and don’t have a lot of extra time right now for The Sisters Café.   So, maybe it won’t be as regular as it was when we were all doing it, but check back!  I am going to start posting once a week again here and Melandboys again.  I  already have a super yummy line up of recipes ready to share.  I have loved this little hobby and especially the sweet friends I have connected with through this site.  Thanks for reading our blog and for taking the time to send emails or comment.  I really LOVE to hear from you!
Now for this recipe.  My boys thought this dip was so cool!!  Everyone at my house loves sneaking a spoonful of dough when I am making cookies, so I was pretty sure this dip would be a big hit with my gang and it was!  I put cinnamon in my batch but my husband said that he would prefer it without, so next time I will leave it out.  This would be perfect for a last day of school treat!!  Our is coming up soon.  My kids can’t wait for summer!

Ingredients
  • 1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese (I used low fat)
  • ½ cup butter softened
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 4 TBSP brown sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • ½ cup flour
  • 1 tsp cinnamon (optional if you are a cinnamon fan)
  • 2½ cups quick oats
  • ½ cup mini chocolate chips
  • ½ cup mini M&Ms
  • milk (optional)
Instructions
  1. In a large bowl beat the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, brown sugar and vanilla together until creamy. Add the flour and cinnamon (if using) and mix until combined. Stir in the oats, chocolate chips, and mini M&Ms. Add milk if you want a thinner consistency. Serve with vanilla wafers, pretzels, graham crackers or anything else you can think of:)

Recipe Source: adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything cookbook via 5Boysbaker

No comments:

Post a Comment