Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Pumpkin Pancakes (martha stewart recipe)

If you are like me, you probably have a container of leftover canned pumpkin in your fridge from Halloween weekend baking. I got this recipe from the Martha Stewart Magazine issue from October 2004. It's a great pancake recipe - soft and yummy. I just noticed that my sister, Melanie, also has a pumpkin pancake recipe to share, so it looks like no one around here will have leftover canned pumpkin for long! :)

Pumpkin Pancakes
submitted by Erin

1 ¼ c. all-purpose flour
2 T. sugar
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp salt
1/8 tsp nutmeg
pinch of ground cloves
1 c. milk
¼ c. + 2 T. canned pumpkin purée
2 T. melted butter
1 egg

Combine dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine milk, pumpkin, butter, and egg. Fold wet mixture into dry ingredients. Pour ¼ c. batter for each pancake. Cook 3 minutes per side on medium heat. Serve with maple syrup. Makes 8 – 10 pancakes (serves 2-3 people).

(Martha Stewart Oct ’04 magazine)

13 comments:

  1. They look fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!!!! I LOVE pumpkin! Can't wait to try them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anything pumpkin! These sounds so great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These rock, my wife made them, she loves martha more than me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm picturing these topped with apple pie filling...oh man!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erin, I meant to ask you yesterday, where did you get your serving plate that you have the pancakes on? It is beautiful! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susanne! How nice of you - thanks! Isn't it fun to collect pretty serving plates? :) I bought this one at TJMaxx for $5. I love the kitchen ware area in TJMaxx - great deals on fun plates, etc. They also sell this scalloped plate in a square shape and also in a red glaze. Sometimes I buy plates like this for a birthday gift, and bring it over with treats on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you ever had the pancakes with apple cider syrup? I got a great recipe from a sister in my cooking group at church and she had the best syrup recipe that went great with these pumpkin pancakes. Oh I just love those pancakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so yummy! My kids couldn't get enough of them. I think next time I may cut down the ginger a bit. Otherwise, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look SO good! Maybe I'll make them for dinner tomorrow night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that's a fantastic way to use up leftover pumpkin!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. [...] is Cinnamon Syrup, which I am now a HUGE fan of.  At first I only ate it on pumpkin waffles/pancakes and applesauce pancakes, which it compliments perfectly by the way.  But I’ve found myself [...]

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband is very particular about his pancakes (that's ok because I'mparticular about most of my food"!) I made these pancakes for breakfast today andhe said. "Those are the bestpancakes you've ever made!"

    ReplyDelete