Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Dip



Just in time to finish off March Madness... I am introducing you to a fabulous new dip: Buffalo Chicken Dip.  This recipe came from my mom's friend, Cynthia Dougherty, and I thank her profusely.  Never mind the lame picture.  It really is fabulous.  It is cheesy, spicy delicious!  I served it with celery, carrots and artisan bread chunked... and I really think it would be awesome with pita chips, too.  I simply ran out of time and didn't make any this time.  We enjoyed this dip while watching our Cougars in the sweet sixteen.  Since they didn't win, the dip was probably the highlight of the night and every last little bit of it was gone by the end of the game.  So whether you need it to console you after your team loses or to help you celebrate the big win... this dip is here for you!

Buffalo Chicken Dip
Submitted by Mindy ~ The Sisters Cafe


8 oz cream cheese
¼ c. cup blue cheese dressing ( or ranch)
1 cup mozzarella

Parmesan cheese (enough to sprinkle a thin layer)
2 large Chicken Breasts, cooked and shredded (or you can use 2 cans of canned chicken)
Franks Hot Sauce (to taste)

In a 11x7 (or 9x9) pan layer cream cheese, blue cheese dressing, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.  Mix chicken with hot sauce (to the amount of heat you like).  Place the chicken on top of the cheeses.  Bake 20-25 min at 350 degrees.

Serve with carrots, celery, pita chips, artisan bread, etc.

9 comments:

  1. looks like a winner........yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lark (SparkyLarky)March 31, 2011 at 3:43 AM

    LOVE this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mind! It's fun to see a picture of something I helped eat afterward! This dip was AWESOME! Thanks for making it. I especially enjoyed dipping the white bread. This is a keeper sis- and though the cougars will likely never get as close as they did this year, you'll still have to bring it over for a game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks great Mindy! I remember mom telling us about that recipe but I haven't tried it yet. I like the picture! And the celery flower in the corner is so cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sure sounds tantalizing Mindy!

    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have done this in the crock pot before too and it was a hit ever time! In fact it is usually requested at get togethers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog! My 8 year old daughter just started blogging (with my help). Your blog is an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my favorite party foods! It's always such a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Libby@CookingWithLibbyApril 2, 2011 at 2:55 AM

    Yummmm!! Looks delish! Thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete