Thursday, July 10, 2014

Banana Oat Pancakes (*Gluten free )

oat banana pancake

Hello friends!   What a summer so far!  We just returned from almost a month in Utah visiting family and friends.  It was so wonderful--we loved every minute--but I must say it is nice to be back home too!  I am slowly getting back into the swing of things.  I had a HUGE amount of weeds to contend with but I am happy to report after hours of labor and a load of fresh mulch, that  I have won that battle for now.  Phew!  Now for catching up on the blog.  I have missed you!  I keep promising to post more and I do have the best intentions, but then life gets busy and my computers have been misbehaving terribly, which makes posting very time consuming and frustrating.  My laptop is the worst, I have given up on using it now and my PC has its own set of issues--grr!  I think a trip to Best Buy is in order.  Do you have a favorite laptop that you would recommend?  I would love to get your opinions.  It is time for a new one, for sure.

Anyway--let me tell you about these absolutely delicious pancakes.  My sweet friend Kimberly gave me this recipe and we LOVE it.  I especially love that I can easily make it gluten free if I use certified gluten free oats.  This recipe comes together quick and is a very healthy alternative to your regular pancakes.  You can easily change it up by sprinkling cranberries, blueberries, pecans, apple slices, coconut, chocolate chips etc onto the poured batter on the hot skillet.  So fun and so good!  ENJOY!!

Banana Oat Pancakes (*Gluten free )


Author: Melanie

*You can purchase oats/oat flour that is certified gluten free--using this will insure the pancakes are gluten free. Regular oats test positive for gluten. **oat flour can be make by blending oats in your blander until smooth flour is formed.


Ingredients


  • 2 bananas

  • 1 1/2 cup milk

  • 1 tsp vanilla

  • 2 TB oil (coconut or grapeseed)

  • 2 eggs

  • 2 cups oat flour **

  • 1 1/2 tsp baking soda

  • 1/2 tsp salt

  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon





Instructions



  1. Place all wet ingredients in blender (I use the Blendtec) and blend to combine.

  2. Add dry ingreients to the wet ingredients in the blender and blend on high for 1 minute

  3. Pour a small amount of batter onto hot nonstick pan or griddle (butter or oil if desired)--turn when full of bubbles. Cook until golden brown. Enjoy







1 comment:

  1. These were amazing! So flavorful, so tender, so perfect. I love that there is no added sugar. We ate ours with fresh peaches and whipped cream (yum!) and smothered with Nutella (also yum!). I was nervous because the batter was so thin, but they baked up perfectly. It made a ton, so depending on how they reheat I might half the recipe next time. There aren't too many of us.

    ReplyDelete